Thursday, May 19, 2016
May 20th
Five years ago, Friday, May 20th ended in a life-changing surprise for me. It was just an ordinary day... Stephen and I went out to dinner at Ramsey's, I ordered pie for dessert, and then we drove to the park right as the sun was setting. We sat on a picnic table and he said sweet things that I don't remember, and he gave me a necklace that said "Summers" and a ring that said be my wife.
Four years later, Wednesday, May 20th ended in yet another, perhaps even bigger, life-changing surprise for me. It was just an ordinary day... I went to work, came home, and ate dinner with Stephen. Then I casually took a test, like several ones I had before... except this time there was a plus sign that said you're going to be a mom.
And so May 20th has become one of our most special anniversaries and most celebrated days on the calendar. While it's not our wedding date, or Hannah's birthday- it's the date that points directly to both of those great occasions. A day filled with so much anticipation and promise of what was in store for us. I will celebrate this day tomorrow and remember that every once in a while, ordinary days turn out to be extraordinary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

PS, and a very happy birthday to my brother-in-law Matt :)
ReplyDeleteSo many congrats on twentiversary!
ReplyDeleteMay 20th is a very special day indeed. So glad you have special memories of that day.
ReplyDelete