Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Baby Shark


For a while now Hannah has been singing a song that we thought she made up. She would softly say "Mommeeee Doodle-loodle-loooo... Daaaadeeee Doodle-loodle-loooo." So we kind of made it into our own little melody and finished it off with "Charlotte Doodle-loodle-loo, that's our family!"

Well... a few days ago we heard her say something about a shark when she was singing her "doodle-loo" song. Where in the world would she get that in her head? The light bulb finally went off in her dense parents (haha!) and we realized that she wasn't just singing a made up song, but trying to sing a song she learned at daycare. A quick google search brought up this video to a children's song called "Baby Shark". She was so excited when we played it for her... she was probably thinking "took you all long enough to figure it out!" Anyway, it's a super cute song, the first time you hear it...the following hundred and two times, not so much. It's seriously on repeat in my head and it won't go away, so listen at your own risk.

Sharks are at the top of her list now and she has become quite attached to these 2 foam shark bath toys, so much so that Stephen called me at work the other day because he couldn't find them and Hannah was throwing a fit because she wanted her sharks. Haha!

On Sunday she was taking a nap and I had the monitor on, and all of sudden she popped her little head up and said "Shaaark, shark" and then she laid back down and went back to sleep for another half hour. Hahaha! This morning when I went in her room to get her up for the day, the first thing she said to me was "Shark". I love her so much! First she was obsessed with mail, now it's sharks. You just can't make this stuff up! So yesterday I went hunting for shark stuff, but I wanted cute shark stuff, not scary. I found a stuffed shark animal from Finding Dory that didn't look too threatening, so I bought her that, and then I printed out a coloring page with a smiling shark on it for her to paint. Whatever makes her happy!! :) I love that she's her own little person with unique interests!


 



2 comments:

  1. She's got her mama's love of marine biology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Oh gosh, that middle school killer whale/dolphin phase was no joke!

      Delete