Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Never a dull moment...

We've had a bit of an interesting stretch at the Summers household these last few weeks! There is really never a dull moment! Between illness after illness and tons of random things going wrong with our house, we are just ready for a nice, boring week!! Here's a quick list of all the things we've tackled lately:
-strep throat
-ear infection combined with hand, foot, mouth virus
-water leaking from pipes in the attic into Hannah's room
-our upstairs furnace breaking and needing to be replaced
-followed by our upstairs AC breaking just a few weeks later and needing to be replaced (don't ask how much that cost us... let's just say our next house will NOT be a 2 story house with 4 separate heating and AC units)
-do you think this is the end of the list?... nope...
-vicious wasps decided to build their nest in the vent in Hannah's bathroom, which ended with our bathroom walls and ceiling dripping with poison and no less than 13 wasps massacred single-handedly by Stephen (I'm really not making this up, or being dramatic- this all happened last week.)
-and the least of our concerns... we now have ants in the kitchen 

Ok, I'm done. Life really is wonderful and so much fun with Hannah, but man we need a break from all this other junk. So all the illness has us in a pickle because I have just about exhausted all of my time-off for the year. I've blown through all of my sick & personal time (which I actually had a lot of), and I am down to only 4 vacation days to last me the rest of the year. Yikes! When I had strep the other week, I straight-up worked right through it. Went to the Little Clinic after work, got antibiotics, went back to work the next day. Mom's are tough man!

A big shout-out and thank you to Hannah's hero and mine: Do-Dad!! Without him I would be totally out of days and taking unpaid leave at this point! He kept Hannah for us last week when she was sick and got her back to her peppy self in no time.  Here's his secret recipe for recovery:
Stuffed animal slumber party for Hannah, and a gallon of sweet tea for Mommy!! Everyone needs a Do-Dad in their life! :)  I'm happy to report that all 3 Summers' are currently healthy. Here's to a boring, uneventful week!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment