At least every couple of months, I like to take a day off and spend it with Hannah, just the two of us. We've taken to calling these days "Daddy Hannah Days", and they are some of my favorites. The idea is simple enough, a few days before a Daddy Hannah Day, I ask her what she would like to do, and then we do it! Previous Daddy Hannah Days have included going to the Build A Bear workshop, painting pottery, going to the aquarium, getting cookie dough, getting ice cream, going to the library, and many other things. April 8th was our most recent Daddy Hannah Day and it was wonderful.
For this iteration, Hannah decided that the main activity would be going back to the pottery painting place. Our day started with going to Chick-fil-a for breakfast, a Daddy and Hannah tradition, followed by going to Target for some shopping. We spent a lot of time in the toy aisle looking at the Frozen toys :). We also read a few books in the book section. We then went for the main event, painting pottery. Hannah had discussed painting a plate that she could use for her meals, but when we arrived, she walked right past the ceramic princesses and the decision was made. Hannah painted her princess so carefully and in all of her favorite colors. I loved watching how much she concentrated and how important it was for her to do a good job. She is already a talented artist like her Mommy!
After painting, we took a trip to Joseph-Beth to look at some books and play with the toys. Hannah loves going to Joseph-Beth and it was a perfect place to kill some time before we got to meet Mommy for lunch. We met Mommy at Chuy's so Hannah could indulge in some chips! As you can see, it was a very busy morning, so after lunch, it was time for a short nap to recuperate. both Daddy and Hannah enjoyed nap time!
Following a nap, we had another special activity; assembling a terrarium. I ordered a small terrarium from Amazon and though Hannah might enjoy it. Hannah added all of the rock, sand, and dirt, and then carefully planted the seeds. After watering everything, it was time for her favorite part; decorating the outside with stickers!! The terrarium now lives in her room, and the seeds are sprouting!
We had time for one more activity, so I gave Hannah a choice between getting cookie dough, or getting ice cream. She picked ice cream and asked specifically if we could to go Baskin Robbins. With all of the flavor options, my sweet girl chose vanilla! I have to admit, this made me proud, as I have been saying to anyone who would listen my whole life that vanilla is a flavor and is not plain!
It was truly a wonderful day, filled with memories I'll always take with me. I love getting to do fun things with my sweet Hannah, but nothing is more fun than just being with her. One on one time is so important and so precious. She brings so much joy and light to the world, and I am so thankful that I get to be her Daddy! I love you, Hannah!


No comments:
Post a Comment