It's hard to believe, but school starts this week! First, let's take a look back at Hannah's summer!! This summer we did something a little different- instead of signing her up for expensive day camps, Hannah spent the summer at home with me and we kind of made up our own summer camp. Every week we ordered her one or two new activities, crafts, or projects from Amazon to keep her busy. It was so much fun and she got to do so many cool things! I was worried at the beginning of the summer that she would be bored, but she was far from it.
Every Tuesday morning Nana would come over and hang out with Hannah, and every Friday she would spend the whole day with Nana and Do-Dad, mostly swimming, and the rest of the time she was with me. She also got to participate in Art Camp and Lego Camp at church, and Cousin Camp for two days and nights-complete with a trip to Malibu Jacks. There were a few Daddy/Hannah days as well and a trip to Holiday World, and the Louisville Science Center! She was a busy bee! I think we wore her out because in the last few weeks Hannah has started taking a little afternoon snooze. Full disclosure- I have also started taking afternoon snoozes... aaahhh I love the work-from-home life. :)
In addition
to all those activities we have also really enjoyed observing all the
wildlife in our backyard, especially the birds. We have had several
nests full of baby robins that we've gotten to observe. Hannah has been
very interested in them-we even checked out a book from the library
about baby robins and learned all kinds of fun facts, like they leave
the nest at 14 days, and while they're in the nest they eat 350 insects
each and 14 feet of worms! We've also seen a hawk in our backyard and
witnessed all the other smaller birds chirping like crazy to sound the
alarm that there was a predator. It was so interesting. This morning
Hannah and Crosley were outside playing on the swing set and they
spotted the most adorable baby bunnies in the tree house! So fun!
I
have absolutely loved having Hannah at home this summer and I'm so
thankful to have a job that allows me to have all this bonus time with
her! I'm going to miss her SO much when school starts later this week.
I'm already looking forward to next summer with her! :)
Here's a list of some of the awesome projects Hannah got to do this summer at the Summers Summer Camp ;)
Puppy Dog Legos
Bedazzle Your Own Water Bottle
Space Cat Diamond Painting
Ice Dye Headbands
Harry Potter Watercolor Magic
Gratitude Box
Origami
Resin Fidget Shakers
Crystal Mermaid Terarium
Magic Swirl Kaleidoscope
Hedwig Pencil Holder Legos
Puffy Stickers
Make Your Own Slime
Make Your Own Bath Bombs






No comments:
Post a Comment