Sunday, December 31, 2023

Christmas Round 3

Every other year we make the long journey down to South Carolina for Mack Family Christmas. I always dread the drive but once we're there I'm glad we did it. Hannah had a blast with Kate and Luke and even though they don't see each other a lot, they always pick up right where they left off. Kate taught us some cool pre-teen slang like "slay" and "sus" and "yeet". She got so tickled when Uncle Stephen tried to use the word "yeet" in a sentence. (I think it's no longer cool, haha!) There were more presents at Oma and Opa's house and Hannah got a really cool kids digital camera, art supplies, and Baby-Sitter Club books. 

I remember one Christmas when I was 16 or so, and we were in Germany and my mom and her two siblings-my aunt and uncle, all got envelopes from my grandparents and then collectively flipped out when they saw how much money was inside. I don't know how much it was, but it must have been a pretty generous amount. Anyway, my grandfather had a saying "Mit warmen Händen geben," which means "Give with warm hands", and needless to say, my parents have stuck with this mantra and Jennifer and I got those fun envelopes this Christmas too :) 

I'm so thankful for how generous the generations before me and Stephen have been in both of our families, and we especially were thinking of that in light of Stephen's grandfather passing away the day before Christmas Eve this year. There are lots of people that came before us that worked really hard to set us up for success and we will certainly pass that on and do the same for Hannah so she can hopefully do the same for her kids one day.

The rest of our time in SC was spent enjoying the sunny weather, going on a Costco run, going to the park, playing card games, and hanging out in the sun room.  We had a great visit :)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! Next on our agenda is Hannah's 8th birthday in a week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment