Friday, November 6, 2015

#hormones #crankyclaud

As promised, a rundown of all the totally ridiculous reasons I have cried lately. Turns out pregnancy hormones are no myth. I find myself crying instantly over the most stupid things, and once that switch flips and the waterworks start, there's no turning back! It's kind of embarrassing that I can't really control it, especially when it happens out in public (which it has, several times). Even in the moment, I'm always well aware that my tears are not really warranted. It's a weird feeling to not be in control of your emotions and reactions. Thankfully Stephen has been very patient with me and we both have a sense of humor about it all. 


So here's the list of things that have cause me to burst into tears in the last few weeks. I threw 1 in
there that didn't really happen, see if you can guess which one it is.

1. I said good morning to the CEO in the hallway and he looked right at me and didn't say anything back. So I went to my desk and cried, and then decided that being at work that day wasn't good for my emotional well being, so I took the rest of the day off.

2. I watch this gem of a show on ABC Family called Young & Hungry. (It's not really a gem, it's a silly, shallow, mindless comedy.) I cried, and I mean BALLED at this scene where basically all that happens is the main character buys this girl a food truck. I know, heartbreaking right?

3. Stephen told me to put a coaster under a glass that I set on our dresser, and I lost it. Instant tears.

4. I cried uncontrollably in McDonald's while we were eating breakfast, because... I was constipated. That's the truth. Our plan was to drive an hour afterwards to go shopping at the new outlet mall, and my stomach hurt so bad that we turned around and went back home. I was inconsolable. Stephen said people in the McDonald's probably thought he was the worst guy ever, breaking up with his preggo wife over a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit.  haha!

5. I cried at Steak n' Shake last week because I thought Stephen was acting weird. He was in a silly mood and for some reason it bothered me so I started crying. I pulled it together, but then lost it in the car and we sat in the parking lot for a good 20 minutes while I calmed down.

6. Stephen went to get us McDonald's for lunch and my sweet tea that I was so looking forward to, was UNSWEET. Cue the tears.

7. I need help getting my socks on now, and Stephen was putting them on for me and pretended like I kicked him and hurt him, and I started crying instantly. (He can't joke with me anymore, I know it's killing him!) :(  

8. I cried some more after the sock incident because I was frustrated that I was crying over something so dumb.  So I was crying because I was crying.




2 comments:

  1. Oh man, don't think I want to guess. Don't want to make you cry. ;) Bless, I remember how those days were! Curious to know which is fake!

    ReplyDelete