Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Bye Bye Baby Belly



The weight is FINALLY coming off!!! After plateauing for almost 4 months, I'm happy to report that in the last month and a half I've lost 10 pounds!!! While I'm still 20 pounds heavier than my pre- pregnancy weight, and still in maternity clothes for the most part, I am finally starting to feel more like myself again. I still have a belly, but it looks less and less like a preggo belly. It's amazing what a difference a 10 pound weight loss can make. 

I got stuck at the same ridiculous weight for 4 months because I didn't change anything about my diet. I naively thought all the weight would melt off since I was nursing and supposedly burning so many extra calories a day. 

What a myth! 

As far as I'm concerned nursing does absolutely nothing to help you lose weight. What no one tells you is that nursing a baby around the clock makes you feel like you're starving ALL THE TIME. How are you supposed to lose weight when you're constantly hungry?! 

I've had to get a little creative with my weight-loss plan. I basically found substitutes for everything I was eating before and cut out sweets, soda, and fried foods for the most part. I also stopped eating out for lunch and eat a pita pocket with ham and cheese & veggie sticks for my lunch every day.

I used to eat yogurt with the chocolate chip or cookie topping, but now I eat it plain.
This Toasted Vanilla Coconut Greek yogurt is my favorite and I have it for breakfast every morning.

Luna Bars are a staple for me. I have one every morning and sometimes another in the afternoon as a snack.
They are packed with extra vitamins and protein so they leave me feeling fuller longer.

I traded potato chips or fries for veggie chips. I have to have something to crunch on with my sandwich
at lunch and these have way less calories than regular chips
When I do eat out, I opt for healthier dishes. No more chicken tenders and waffle fries at Chick-fil-A.
My new order is the Grilled Market Salad, loaded with strawberries, apples, and blueberries, and surprisingly delicious


Hopefully the pounds will keep coming off and in a month or 2 I'll be down another 10!


1 comment:

  1. Great job! Look at you with the salad and green veggies! ;)

    ReplyDelete