On the surface this all sounds terrible... longer drive... getting up when it's still dark outside...getting to work early... no thanks right? Oh SO wrong! Somehow my drive in the morning with Hannah has turned into my favorite part of the day. Silver lining of leaving at the crack of dawn is...WE GET TO SEE THE CRACK OF DAWN!!!! and it's AMAZING! We've seen the most beautiful sunrises that have literally brought me to tears- well the tears are also because Hannah is in the backseat singing "Praise God from whom all blessings flow" complete with all the hand motions. It's church y'all. Her little voice praising God against the backdrop of a gorgeous sunrise is absolutely the best way to start the day. She loves listening to "Praise Baby", which is a wonderful collection of classic praise and worship songs and hymns all set to soothing music. Her favorites are "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever", "Lord I Lift Your Name on High", "Awesome God", "Step by Step", and "Hallelujah (Your Love is Amazing)". It's basically a youth group playlist from 1998. I love it.
Something about this drive is so much more relaxing and non-bothersome compared to zigzagging through Lexington traffic to get anywhere. It's just a straight shot on Versailles Rd. and while the traffic is heavy, the scenery is so pretty. Actually come to think of it- we pass several famous Kentucky landmarks every day on our commute: The Kentucky Castle, Keeneland, and Calumet Farm. Hannah's favorite is the castle of course :) The other morning it looked like it was straight out of a fairy tale because there was really dense fog all around it. It was like a castle in the clouds. I couldn't get a picture in time, but I got a blurry one of Calumet Farm in the fog- it looked like snow, it was so cool! (pictured below, 2nd row, right) Anyway, all that to say, God is putting on a spectacular display for us every morning. (And if you ask me, I not only have a spectacular view out of the front of my car, but also when I look behind me and see my Hannah bug in the back seat singing her little heart out.)
"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands." Psalm 19:1




No comments:
Post a Comment