Hannah went to the dentist for the first time today and she did GREAT!!! She's been known to melt down at the doctor, so I wasn't sure what to expect from her first visit to the dentist. This pediatric dentist office was so much fun that melting down never even crossed Hannah's mind. They know what their little patients want for sure and the experience was wonderful from start to finish. She absolutely loved the waiting room. There was a huge lite bright wall, a Lego table, and a jungle corner with rocks to sit on. She had so much fun.
I was so proud of how well she did during her exam too. The dental hygienist was amazing with her and they bonded instantly when she let Hannah pick out a toothbrush with Olaf and Anna on it. Thanks to watching a Daniel Tiger episode where he goes to the dentist, she knew exactly what to expect and I really think that helped her stay so calm. She got her teeth polished and flossed and practiced rinsing with the water. The hygienists were all wearing hot pink scrubs and navy pants and Hannah matched them so they asked her if she wanted to work there and Hannah said "No! I'm not a dentist, I'm a kid!" I could not believe how talkative she was. It was great! She thinks the dentist is super fun, so we're taking that as a big parenting win :)
 |
| Fun in the jungle themed waiting room! |
 |
| Such a big girl getting her teeth cleaned! |
No comments:
Post a Comment