Hannah's 22 months old!
We can NOT believe that in another 2 months we will have a 2-year-old! She's so much fun right now! New this month: we bought her a little potty and are slowing introducing her to using it. We just sit her on it before she takes a bath at night, and she thinks it's so fun, haha! The other night she peed in it really good and we were of course so proud of her!! I don't know if she totally understands what she did, but I figure it's never too soon to start potty training!
She's SO smart y'all... like scary smart. I dropped her off at daycare the other morning and before I could tell her teacher that she was going to be picked up early, Hannah says "Do-Dad picking Hannah up today." Her teacher just laughed, and then she told me that other parents of kids in her class are concerned that their kids are behind and not talking enough when they hear Hannah speaking in complete sentences. Too funny! Last Sunday at church she was coloring in the nursery, and the lady keeping the nursery could not believe that Hannah was naming all of the colors of the crayons correctly. She said in all her years of keeping kids she'd never had a one year old that had the kind of vocabulary that Hannah did. Stephen and I are kind of freaking out... like what if she's like legit a little genius kid... I'm not prepared for that, I mean look- I just used the word "like" twice in this sentence... she's going to think I'm an idiot!!
Aside from being a smarty-pants, she is also the sweetest, funniest little kid. This morning she was sitting in her highchair and I brought her a plate of blueberries and strawberries for breakfast, and she looked up at me and said "Love you Mommy". SO sweet!! When Stephen was leaving for work the other day she said "Love you Daddy. Be careful!" We just looked at each other in disbelief... like who is this little person who talks like an adult?! She is just a joy and we love her so much!! Love you Hannah bug!!
Favorites: Dumping out her huge box of crayons and coloring in her Daniel Tiger coloring book, sticking stickers on everything, singing along to her favorite songs (like "Oh How I Love Jesus" and "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood", and lately "The B-I-B-L-E"), drawing with sidewalk chalk on the patio, reading "JESUS", her "Lift-the-Flap Bible", and her Daniel Tiger Trolley book, playing in the bathtub, Skyping with Kate & Luke, eating blueberries and Gerber pouches, and playing outside any chance she gets.




No comments:
Post a Comment