Hannah has been a star and adapted to quarantined life like it's no big deal. I am so thankful that she has such a "go with the flow" personality and that she's so chill- it will serve her well in life. We've settled in to our new routine pretty quickly (it's been 8 work days now) and our days for now look a little something like this:
7:00- Daddy leaves for work (we're so proud of him for being on the front lines and serving all the people that he sees in the hospital right now that need support.)
7:00-8:00- Hannah and I have breakfast while we watch Fancy Nancy or Doc McStuffins, and I take a shower and get ready (dress code is very strict when working from home- yoga pants and KY sweatshirts only- I...am...loving...it. Quarantined life isn't all bad.)
8:15-10:30- I'm at the computer working from home while Hannah has work time at her table which we have set up beside me. She's been working on coloring a big poster, then she works on tracing her letters in a workbook, does puzzles, colors, plays with play-do etc. She's been wonderful but it is a bit tough juggling working while also keeping her entertained. Thank goodness for Daddy's iPad that he leaves for her to play games on. Our favorite app at the moment is PBS Kids Games, and ABCya- Fuzz Bugs.
10:30-11:00- we take a walk around the block to get some fresh air. I have loved my daily walks with Hannah. She's my favorite person and I am loving all the bonus time I'm getting with her. I'm trying really hard to savor these moments because I know I will miss them when life gets back to "normal".
Lunch/Nap- Most days she naps around 2 hours still so that allows me to get a nice chunk of work done.
3:00pm- When she wakes up she usually plays on the iPad for a bit and we go outside again- rain or shine. It's been so fun actually- we've put on all our rain gear more than once and played in the rain- she loves it. Not something we would normally do, but when you're stuck inside all day it doesn't matter :)
4:40pm- Daddy comes home from work and our evenings follow our normal schedule
Over the last few days I've scheduled several FaceTime dates for her with some of her friends from school. I know they all miss each other and their little conversations have been so cute. The last two nights we've skyped with Kate and Luke and they read bedtime stories to each other. So sweet!
Here are some pictures from our quarantined life. Hope everybody is staying home and staying healthy!!



No comments:
Post a Comment