It's been 3 weeks since Hannah started going to daycare and what a ride it's been! It's taken some time for us all to get adjusted to our new normal but I think we're finally getting there. The first week was really rough. Hannah never cried in the mornings when I dropped her off with the babysitter, but once we moved her to daycare the waterworks started. Luckily there have been several days mixed in now where she doesn't cry at all so that makes it easier.
It's been a tough transition for me because I don't get to see her at lunch anymore. I used to go every day to visit her at the babysitter's house when I was on my lunch break, but it just doesn't work as well at the daycare. They eat lunch early and then go down for their nap by noon, so there's not really a good time for me to pop in, plus I think at this point it would probably just upset her even more if I came to visit and then just left again. I just miss her so much during the day and I didn't realize how important those lunch visits were.
On the positive side- Hannah is already learning so much there! The other day she was sitting in her highchair and just started saying random colors... "red...blue...green...purple". The next day on her sheet from daycare it said they were working on colors. Of course! She surprised us too with new words in her vocabulary that we didn't teach her- like "caterpillar" or "pillar" as she says, which was explained quickly by me realizing that their theme for the week at daycare was Butterflies. When Stephen picks her up in the afternoon they are always in the middle of some fun activity. Yesterday I think it was singing a song about monkeys and doing motions.
We've been so happy with her teachers and the care she's gotten there so far. The communication has been wonderful and everyone that works there is so sweet and caring. I called them every day for the first 2 weeks to check on Hannah, and her teacher was so reassuring and patient with me and with Hannah. She has a daily sheet sent home with her, which I LOVE. It gives us a little snapshot of her day complete with the most important info a parent needs- and that is "Did my kid poop today?"
This morning when I dropped her off there were three beautiful art projects waiting on me. They went all out for Mother's Day with a canvas that says "Love you to the Moon and Back" with her hand and foot prints, a flower pot with hand print "flowers" that says "If Moms were flowers I'd Pick You", and a glitter hand print with a poem. Best Mother's Day gifts EVER!!!
![]() |
| Hannah's Daily Sheets |
![]() |
| Mother's Day treasures |
![]() |
| Big girl! |




No comments:
Post a Comment